- Anna Getty
- Anna Getty's Easy Green Organic
- anna getty's i'm dreaming of a green christmas
- Balthazar Getty
- christmas cookies
- chronical books
- green heiress
- holiday cookies recipes
- holiday gift
- holiday parties
- holiday recipes
- mommy and me yoga
- prenatal yoga
- purestyle living
- The Getty
- the Getty Villa
“To me the flavors of maple and walnuts say wintertime, evoking feelings of a crackling fire and cheerful holiday music. These cookies are so good you can’t just eat one, so make a double recipe. They taste even better dunked into a mug of hot cocoa. You can use fresh walnuts in the shell if you prefer. If you can’t find walnuts feel free to substitute pecans. Just be sure to look for organic nuts; pesticides are used frequently in nut production, especially in the United States and India, including diazinon and endosulfan. Dare I say these make great Christmas gifts?”
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons maple extract
1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. Using an electric hand mixer, in a large bowl beat together the butter and both sugars on medium speed until fluffy and light, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the egg and maple extract and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the dry ingredients and nuts and mix until well combined.
5. Divide the dough in half and form two logs about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough logs in recycled parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour until the dough is firm.
6. Slice the dough into 1/2-inch wide circles and place them two inches apart on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until the edges are brown. Let cool before serving.
Recipe is an excerpt from Anna Getty’s I’m Dreaming of a Green Christmas. Courtesy of Chronicle Books.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.