Moroccan Raw Carrot Salad
PAM’s Intern began using a weekly food co-op to pick up her local produce. Finding carrots in her weekly pick-up bag, she began to want to find new and unique recipes. Listed below is a tasty recipe for Moroccan Raw Carrot Salad that takes little time to make and is guaranteed to please.
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, mashed or minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper (optional)
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days to allow the flavors to meld and permeate the carrots. Serve chilled.