- baby design
- decorating the baby's room
- designing the nursery
- Melisa Fluhr
- Pam Ginocchio
- Project Nursery
Ah the nursery…creating the perfect spot for your little one can be one of the highlights of your pregnancy, but it can also be a little overwhelming. Today’s lucky mamas have so many beautiful choices it can be hard to know where to start. To help ease the overwhelm we turned to our friends at Project Nursery for advice. Founders Melisa Fluhr and Pam Ginocchio are a go-to authority on nursery design and have created a treasure trove of inspiration for parents. The design duo offered us their top three nursery must-haves to help parents get started.
We love that these ideas will help make your nursery a calm and nurturing spot for both you and for your little one:
1. Create a feeding/reading nook. Make sure you carve out a corner where one can sit comfortably and snuggle with baby in a glider or rocking chair. Keep a table lamp, water and baby’s favorite books within arm’s reach.
2. Incorporate smart lighting. Placing your ceiling light on a dimmer is an easy way to have lighting options. A soft glow is really all you need to check on a sleeping baby and ideal for keeping them asleep!
3. Keep an organized closet. You will be amazed not only how quickly your child will grow out of his or her clothing but blown away by how a tiny little person can accumulate so many things all before the age of one.
Want more ideas? Join us at our Signature LA Event on Sunday, May 5 and meet Project Nursery’s Melisa Fluhr and Pam Ginocchio in person in the Oh Baby! Style Suite! 10 lucky guests will also have the chance to consult with them one-on-one during a 15-minute Nursery Design Consultation. The 10 winners of the design consultation are encouraged to bring in room photos, fabrics, or ideas to share with Project Nursery. These expecting moms will leave with a visual guide and the resources to make their dream nursery a reality!
Event admission is FREE and every guest will automatically be entered to win. 10 winners will be chosen randomly and sent an email with a specific time slot. Simply register via Eventbrite and you’re automatically entered to win!
Launched in 2008 by Melisa Fluhr and Pam Ginocchio – post-college roommates and interior design enthusiasts who founded the company while tackling their own nurseries – Project Nursery has been heralded as “a virtual jackpot of kid-friendly design ideas” by AOL’s Stylist Home and resonates with parents, interior designers and children’s brands alike for its blog, photo gallery, video tutorials, room tours, expert resource center, insider celebrity and designer access, DIY projects, and other original and member-generated content.
In 2012, the company expanded with Project Junior, which turns its focus towards the next design phase once baby has outgrown the nursery. Striving to support a community that is not only growing in numbers but also aging up in both style and function, Project Junior is channeling the success of its “older sibling” into a dynamic new vehicle for children’s room style and substance.
- Do You Know Who Kids in the House is? Meet Kids in the House, a new educational video site...
- InstaGiveaway on PAM from Kids In The House To celebrate and support belly bumps near and far #MayPAM...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.