We love this recipe courtesy of Anna Getty. Frittata’s are the Italian version of quiche, and a GREAT way to add protein into your diet. And add more GREENS!
Pea Tendril, Pea and Goat Cheese Frittata
12-14 large eggs
salt and pepper
1 large shallot, minced
2 tables spoons butter
2 teaspoons olive oil
6-8 cups pea tendrils washed
1 cup fresh shelled peas
3/4 cup grated goat cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh Terragon
*Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large cast iron pan (or other large pan which can go into the oven) over a medium flame melt butter and olive oil together. Add shallots and cook till translucent about 6-7 minutes. Stirring frequently. Careful not to burn.
- Add Pea Tendrils and cook till the tendrils and wilted and soft. Stirring frequently. Add peas and remove mixture from flame and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Stir the pean tendril mixture into the eggs and incorporate well.
- Add half the cheese until well combined.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray or a little bit of olive oil and pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and chopped Terragon evenly over the egg mixture.
- Place into the pan into the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- (you may get an air bubble half way through on your frittata. Simply poke holes with a fork to relieve the steam pressure)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing and enjoying.