- Alisa Donner
- 412 days ago
- Alisa Donner
- Anna Getty
- bonding with your newborn
- Mysteries of Nurturig
- Pregnancy Awareness Month
“When I first connected with Lisa & David, they were releasing this amazing book. We all long to belong and feel connected. One of the most wonderful surprises of being a new mom is how sensual and loving the connection is to your newborn. Not sexual! Sensual, completely filling the senses with joy, love, awe. As tired as I was those first 8 weeks post partum, I was also in super nurture mode with my beloved baby, and it was relaxing and intoxicating…c’mon mom’s you know what I mean! But I was tired, dog tired! Anna and I have prescribed Nurture as one of the tenets of Pregnancy Awareness Month because it is so important, and you need to set aside time to practice it. Often. May these words and post (and consider buying the book folks) inspire you.” Alisa Donner, Co-Founder, Pregnancy Awareness Month
Bonding Requires Nurturing
In order for bonding and attaching to occur, parents need to be in touch with their own feelings so that they can share those loving feelings with their newborn. Feelings of bonding and attachment are soft and intimate. Imagine a warm breeze on your face that makes you smile. Then imagine how wonderful that feels on your skin, and let your body relax and rest in that feeling. It is quite amazing how thoughts can impact inner relaxation.
When a parent can find an oasis for their mind and heart to relax, those good feelings of loving self-care create a vibration that helps the baby feel secure, calm and loved.
Suggestions for ways to self-nurture that will support your bonding with your baby:
- Working with the power of sound.
- Working with the power of your mind. Thinking inspiring thoughts.
- Working with the power of your body.
- Working with the power of the elements.
- Working with the power of your environment.
- Working with the power of relationships.
Please click here to read the full article with a complete explanation of these suggestions for self-nurture.
By Lisa Rafel and David Surrenda, Ph.D., authors of “Safe in the Arms of Love”
- Thankful Thursday – Quiet I’m thankful for the quiet moments, in my home, in…
- #Thankful Thursday – Being Close It’s #ThankfulThursday and the gratitude moment this week focuses on…
- #ThankfulThursday – Pregnancy is Internal What does Pregnancy is internal mean? Kind of like what…
- What Is Your Vision? A Weekly Guided Image There is something magical about the word “envision” or “vision”. …
- Making Lemonade When life throws you lemons, the best solution is to…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.