- Alisa Donner
- 38 days ago
- Alisa Donner
- Ron Hamad
Image by Ron Hamad, 2006, all rights reserved
Celebrating Friends and the power of Friendships. Are you sharing this pregnancy with another friend that is also pregnant? I was lucky to be pregnant with my Roma at the same time that Anna was pregnant with her India. It was so much fun! We both also made other friends while pregnant, we met them in Prenatal Yoga class, and we have maintained relationships with them still, 8 years later!
Watching my baby enjoy her first friendships, whether at the park or zoo, or at a mommy me class was equally invigorating. Sure those first friendships, most of them, were incredibly fleeting. But the joy of smiles, squealing laughter, what fun to witness!
This image is of Roma and India when they were 1 and 17 months (India is 7 months older than Roma). We were on vacation together, and their bond truly reflected the love their mothers had (have) for each other, and the connection that they had created uniquely. I just adore this shot!
Friends are there for you through thick and thin. They listen, they advise, they laugh with you and they cry with you. We learn a lot from our friendships that we develop from childhood and adolescence. Sometimes the lessons are tough, but they prepare us for being compassionate adults, for learning how to negotiate, and trust.
#ThankfulThursday – Friends
Alisa Donner, MSW, LCSW, Co-Founder of PAM (with her bestie Anna) and mother to the amazing wonder of Roma captured above with one of her besties, India.
Image by the uber talented Ron Hamad, all rights reserved.
- #ThankfulThursday – Holding Holding her, at last! I waited so long, those 40…
- #ThankfulThursday – Sleeping Baby & Mama NEVER wake a sleeping baby is what I was told…
- #ThankfulThursday – Newborns Isn’t she lovely? Isn’t she wonderful? Isn’t she precious? Less…
- #ThankfulThursday – Pregnancy is Internal What does Pregnancy is internal mean? Kind of like what…
- #ThankfulThursday – Still When is the last time your were still? Where…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.