- Alisa Donner
- 2 hours ago
Image by Alisa Donner, all rights reserved
Isn’t she lovely? Isn’t she wonderful? Isn’t she precious? Less than one minute old. (Stevie Wonder)
When I see this image of my newborn daughter, not more than 4 days old, in the lap of her papa, I just can’t stop singing the words to that song. #ThankfulThursday today is celebrating the newborn and the amazing energy that they bring into our lives. The joy. The awe. The devotion. Yes, we will have many sleepless nights, and fret over whether we truly know what we are doing, where is that new parent manual?! Regardless of the questions, the beauty continues.
Anna’s husband called me a few days after I delivered, to congratulate and such. I will never forget how he described the life of a parent of a newborn, he and Anna had given birth to their first only 7 months previous, “Isn’t it the most wonderful hell you have ever known?” I giggled at the thought, and realized how incredibly true it was. The sleep deprivation and the testing of our capacity for competency truly felt like hell, but oh, it was such an amazing and beautiful hell indeed!
Alisa Donner, MSW, LCSW Co-founder of PAM and mother to an amazing wonder. I also took that shot of Ron with our daughter, which is odd, since he is a photographer…so it is one of the only shots of him with her as a baby…if not ever.
- #ThankfulThursday – Nourishment NOURISHMENT, from me to you: #ThankfulThursday Image by Ron Hamad…
- #ThankfulThursday – Still When is the last time your were still? Where…
- Forever Thankful You, mean the world to me, I never knew how…
- Baby’s 1st Fourth of July Holiday Ten days before the 4th of July, I gave birth…
- #ThankfulThursday Birth without Violence It seems impossible to think that in 1975 a book…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.