- Alisa Donner
- 23 days ago
- 40 weeks
- Alisa Donner
- holding your infant for the first time
- Ron Hamad
Image by Ron Hamad, 2005, all rights reserved
Holding her, at last! I waited so long, those 40 weeks +/-, seemed like forever. And at first it was awkward, why? You are my baby, why do I have little surges of fear when I hold you? Why don’t you stop crying immediately that first time? It’s me, mommy! We’ve been together your entire existence, don’t you recognize me here on the other side? Perhaps it was easier for me to hold you in my womb space. But in a day or two, it is better, no fear, except when someone else wants to hold you. I’m the quickest comfort now, me any my milk engorged boobies that is. I love the smell of your skin, your soft hair, and the bottoms of your feet, they are like velvet! I never want to put you down, except when I am utterly exhausted. You have become my religion, my infant, my baby girl. We will move out of this symbiotic space, I think you will launch from it quicker than me. I am ever so grateful for the chance to feel such intense love and connection. Just to hold you. #ThankfulThursday
Alisa Donner, MSW, LCSW, Co-Founder of Pregnancy Awareness Month, and the mother to a magnificent wonder.
Image credited to the uber talented Ron Hamad, all rights reserved. Please contact him about usage rights and any other photography of his.
- #ThankfulThursday – Friends Celebrating Friends and the power of Friendships. Are you sharing…
- #ThankfulThursday – Sleeping Baby & Mama NEVER wake a sleeping baby is what I was told…
- #ThankfulThursday – Still When is the last time your were still? Where…
- #ThankfulThursday – Pregnancy is Internal What does Pregnancy is internal mean? Kind of like what…
- #ThankfulThursday – Newborns Isn’t she lovely? Isn’t she wonderful? Isn’t she precious? Less…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.