Another Pregnancy Awareness Month has officially come to a close. Excuse us while we wipe away a few tears. Sniff, sniff. We were honored to be able to share so many wonderful pieces of advice and tips from the amazing experts who contributed to each of our focus topics, Education, Nurture, Exercise and Nutrition. Hopefully you were able to join us for our #MayPam Education, #MayPam Exercise, #NurtureMom and #HealthyMom Twitter parties because the wealth of information that our amazing sponsors and special guests imparted on us and the party participants was invaluable!
And beyond the Twitter parties and guest posts, we hosted two major events…
8th Annual LA Signature Event: Celebrate Mama! in Santa Monica on May 5th featuring expert panels (more photos from the event can be seen in our Facebook album)
Healthy Living: Nourishing Your Growing Family – Sponsored by The Honest Co.
- Mareya Ibrahim, aka “The Fit Foodie”, Founder Eat Cleaner
- Lisa Druxman, Founder Fit4mom
- Moderator: Kim Walls, Founder Best Ever Baby
Baby Care 101: The Ultimate Baby Care Manual – Sponsored by Bravado
- Wendy Haldeman Co-Founder The Pump Station & Nurtury
- Dr. Jill Campbell, The Pump Station & Nurtury On-staff Psychologist
- Julie Wright, MFT , Co-Author The Happy Sleeper
- Dr. Tanya Altmann, Pediatrician and Author: Mommy-Calls
- Moderator: Leana Greene Founder: Kids In The House
Birth Teams: The Role OBs, Midwives & Doulas Play in ChildBirth – Sponsored by Viacord (featuring a clip from the movie The Mama Sherpas)
- Barbara Boehler, CNM, MSN CommuniCare Health Services
- Dr. Annette Fineberg, MD, OBGYN
- Dr. Robert Katz, MD, OBGYN (Cedars Sinai Medical Center)
- Moderator: Ana Paula Markel, Founder BINI Birth
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Harvey Karp: Babies and Toddlers: Myths and truths…that will surprise you!
Special thanks goes out to our presenting sponsors The Pump Station & Nurtury and Bravado Designs!
We also co-hosted The Mama Sherpas movie LA premiere, with The Pump Station & Nurtury and Bini Birth, in Santa Monica at the Aero Theater. This incredible film was directed by Brigid Maher and produced by Ricki Lake and Abby Ebstein. For more photos of this event, head over to our Facebook album. (Thanks to Jenny Quicksall Photography for the images.)
We want to thank everyone involved for helping bring the message of being present and aware during pregnancy, to plan for a healthy 40 weeks, educate on birthing options, and concentrate for postpartum care and support! And we want to thank you for coming along for the ride! We hope you had as much fun during our favorite month as we did!
Bravado Designs, Pregnancy Awareness Month, The Mama Sherpas, The Pump Station and Nurtury